The River Vale Police Department Vision is to :
- Provide quality and professional law enforcement services to the community. Commitment to the professional development of the employees of the River Vale Police Department.
- Recognize that the quality of life issues are important to the community and the members of the River Vale Police Department.
- The River Vale Police Department shall respond to the changing needs of the community and its members. This shall be accomplished through the principles of community policing, leadership, teamwork and dedication by all members of the department.
To achieve this vision the River Vale Police Department Mission is to:
Commit resources in partnership with the community to:
- Promote a safe and secure environment, free from crime and fear of crime,
- Maintain order and provide for a safe and expeditious flow of traffic,
- Practice our core values of integrity, respect, service and fairness.
INTEGRITY: Integrity is the hallmark of the River Vale Police Department and we are committed to the highest performance standards, ethical conduct and truthfulness in all relationships.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and take pride in a professional level of service and fairness to all.
RESPECT: We treat all persons in a dignified and courteous manner, and exhibit understanding of ethnic and cultural diversity, both in our professional and personal endeavors.
We guarantee to uphold the principles and values embodied in the constitutions of the United States and the State of New Jersey.
SERVICE: We provide service in a courteous, efficient, and accessible manner. We foster community and employee involvement through problem-solving partnerships.
FAIRNESS: We treat all people impartially, with consideration and compassion. We are equally responsive to our employees and the community we serve.