- Township Clerk / Registrar
- Permits & Licenses
Permits & Licenses
The following is a listing of commonly used permits and licenses:
NEW! Pet license services can now be accessed online, including applying for new licenses and renewing existing ones.
Fill out the 2023 Dog and Cat License Form (PDF). We recommend also reading the Pet Waste Notification Flyer (PDF).
- Neutered: $7
- Unneutered: $10
- Spayed: $7
- Unspayed: $10
When to License Your Pet
A dog or cat which has reached the age of 7 months or possess a set of permanent teeth, must be licensed.
- Pets currently licensed in another town in New Jersey are not required to be re-licensed until the following year.
- Newly acquired pets must be licensed within 10 days of acquisition.
- Pets must be licensed within 10 days of reaching licensing age.
- Pets currently licensed in another state must be re-licensed in the Township within 90 days.
- All pet licenses expire on January 31 of each year.
- Licenses must be issued in the name of an adult member of the household.
- No pets are permitted to run at large. Owners will be subject to a fine.
Marriage licenses are issued at Town Hall. The bride or groom to be must apply in the town in which she or he lives. The fee is $28.
The application can only be signed at town hall in the presence of the Registrar. An appointment to do so must be made in advance.
- A witness 18 or over must accompany the couple when applying
- Birth certificates and proof of residency
- Proof of divorce papers if applicable
Request a Copy
To Request a Certified Copy of a Marriage License or Civil Union, fill out the form and bring it to the Registrar's Office.
Clerk / Registrar - Permits & Licenses
- Block Party Permit Application
- GARAGE SALE PERMIT
- Landlord Registration Statement (Required for All Rentals) (PDF)
- Raffle Application (PDF)
- REG 27 - Request for Certified Copy - River Vale
- Road Opening Permit (PDF)
- Township Records Under the New Jersey Open Public Records Act (N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.) (PDF)
- Vacant Property Registration Form
- No Knock List Registration Form (PDF)
- Filming Permit